A blog about food, travel, sports, finance & anything which interests a common man

Thursday 26 May 2016

New Age Thinking

Stone vs Straw

Its a rainy sunday evening , I was munching hot samosas relaxing in my couch with my thoughts flying around on what can be done to pass the rest of the evening. Courtesy to the electricity board who has contributed their bit through power cuts to make it even more boring. As batteries were running dry, I have to move out of my gadgets.

In came my kid after spending her vacation in my In-laws place. It came as a stress buster to me and I decided spend the reminder of the evening with my kid. She pestered me to play building blocks with her, as I was not in a mood to play and smartly offered her a different option of saying her a story which she immediately obliged.

As she belongs to the new breed of kids who normally comes with a flurry of questions in one go, I thought the story option will silence her as she talks less and listen more. As I dint have any fancied stories to narrate , I picked the traditional route. Started my narration by saying "Once there lived a crow which was feeling thirsty ........" & so on  and completed by narration by saying " the water came up and the crow quenched its thirst". When I said the moral of the story as "Hard work reaps benefits" & "Never give up" flash came a question from my daughter.

Why did the crow took all the pains of filling the jar with stones to quench its thirst when it had an easier option of using a straw?

I was dumbstuck with the new age thinking. I doubt whether she googled the below picture before I did

No comments:

Post a Comment