A blog about food, travel, sports, finance & anything which interests a common man

Monday 4 July 2016

New Age Thinking(Part 3) - Beware the next generation is watching us

Every one of us should act responsibly, especially when we are in public, as we never know who is watching us. The more ethical we are , a better message goes to the society and on the flip side an irresponsible behavior not only impact the people around us but also leaves a wrong message to the society. The below article is a real life experience which depicts one such incident.

It was a week off for me but only from my official activities. Normally my week off's are jam packed with a host of house hold activities to be completed. The list is an ever growing one to the extent; I keep things pending which spills over to next weekend. I even sarcastically pass comments to my spouse stating "Manager's are better than Married woman, as the former gives less work than the latter".

I was getting prepared to leave on that sunny Saturday afternoon to complete few of my household stuffs. My only relief is my daughter, as she accompanies me wherever I go on a weekend. As it was hot outside, I insisted to stay her at home but she insisted in coming with me. As weekends are the only time I spend time with her, I took my daughter along with me.

I provoke my daughter to narrate incidents which she experienced at school the past week. It was week on road safety and she was curious to explain me her learning. As we were traveling she was excited to see whatever she learned at road and started pointing those to me. The first one was a “speed breaker” which she rightly pointed out. Next one was a “sign board” for left turn and again she was spot on.

I was happy that her school has taught her good things about road safety and the moment she was experiencing that on the road I could feel the thrill within her. As we drove further, I stopped my vehicle on a junction because of the red signal. She was even more excited on seeing the traffic light. Spontaneously she started narrating “A traffic light has three colors, wherein "Red" means to stop, "Amber" means to get ready and "Green" means to go. On hearing a 5 year old speaking such details on road rules as a father I got goose bumps. I thanked in my heart, my daughter's teacher for imparting the knowledge within her.

Image result for cartoons on road safety

As we were busy conversing and waiting for the signal to clear there was a pause in traffic in the opposite direction. The person who stood in front of me used the opportunity, to skip the signal and whizzed away in his vehicle. He almost collided with the incoming traffic but fortunately the person coming in the opposite direction applied his brakes on time and yelled at the whizzing vehicle.

As we stood in the front, my daughter was observing the trail of activities. She posted a question to me in a flash.
"Why did the vehicle passed through when the traffic light still showed red"

I dint have a valid answer for that one and that's when I felt bad that what we are teaching our next generation. Even though schools are regularized and they inculcate the best of the knowledge to our next generation, the new age kids pick their learning from our society as well. Hence we all need to be socially responsible in each and every act we do in public view because our next generation is watching us.

BE A SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN, BUILT AN ETHICAL NEXT GENERATION!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment