A blog about food, travel, sports, finance & anything which interests a common man

Sunday 21 August 2016

Find what is the most valuable resource in the current world scenario? – New Age thinking (Part 7)

On a Monday morning my daughter came running towards me with a query. She had a question from her teacher which she remembered at the spur of the moment. The question was “What would be the most valuable resource in the current world scenario? I promised to give her an answer by evening as I was getting ready to leave to my office.

I could have googled out but for once I thought of finding an answer on my own. My wife was having a tough time handling by younger daughter who was distracted with her toys as my wife was trying to feed her. It was a typical scene in any toddler’s house which I was enjoying before I left for office. On the railway station the train was approaching the platform with the driver continuously honking. He was doing that, as a middle aged man with his headsets on, was trying to cross the railway tracks. My heart skipped a beat as the train narrowly missed him, else he would have been under the wheels.

I navigated my way through the crowd and managed to get a seat in the train. As the journey commenced everybody was busy with their phones or daily news papers and few where chit chatting as a group. I then spotted a hawker in my compartment yelling at the top of his voice in order to lure customers to sell his products and he was successful enough to find a couple of buyers as well

Later I reached office and I had a training scheduled on that day. It was a soft skills training and my faculty was nice enough to explain the relevant concepts. When I reached home, I saw my family glued to the television as it was a prime time and one of the channels was airing a serial which had the highest TRP and considered to be No.1 in its genre. After me freshening up, I went into my room to get myself relaxed. My daughter’s query in the morning strikes me and I tried to recollect the trail of events happened since morning to answer my daughter.

  • What a mother tried to get from her baby?
  • What a loco pilot tried to get from a jay walker crossing the tracks?
  • What a hawker tried to get from the passengers?
  • What a trainer tried to get from his students?
  • What a serial director tried to get from his audience?


When I tried to string a cord with the line of events, I could find a correlation amongst all of these. My daughter appeared in front of me and her eyes were filled with anxiety expecting an answer from me. I replied her stating the most Sparse, Scarce and Sacred resource in the current world scenario is

Human Attention
Image result for images on human attention
Image courtesy : trueactivist.com
Everybody in this world is now chasing human beings to gather their attention. These days the distractions are more and everybody finds it difficult to stay focused on one thing for long. A survey results denote that an average individual browse their gadget for more than 180 minutes a day but their attention in a particular screen doesn’t stay for more than 8 seconds. This signifies the quantum of information available and how much we humans are distracted as well.


As everybody tries to gather our attention, it has become the most valuable resource of this century. Try to use this judiciously. Thanks for spending your most valuable resource in reading this article for the past few minutes and thanks in advance, if you spend that additional time on sharing this valuable information amongst your groups.



No comments:

Post a Comment