A blog about food, travel, sports, finance & anything which interests a common man

Friday 5 August 2016

New Age Thinking (Part -6) – Out of the box (Cage) thinking

My daughter is fond of birds. She has developed this affinity towards them as they can fly freely in the air which she as a normal human being cannot do. Parrot being a bird which can be tamed easily and has eye catching feathers with its ability to speak tops her list of most favorite birds. She keeps asking me to buy a bird cage with a parrot. I advised her stating, “Birds are born to fly and taming them in a cage for our personal preference is a cruelty which we do to the bird”. Even though initially, she dint accept this idea later she understood the truth behind my words and made up her mind.

Given the above information as a background, I would like to narrate a real time experience which I had with my daughter last month. It is the tamizh month of aadi (July 15th to Aug 15th) and every temple in the neighbourhood is filled with a festive atmosphere. The situation is no different in my native. My entire family headed to our village family temple to be a part of the festivity.

On the day of the festival, we proceeded to the temple to feel blessed and get soaked in the divinity. After offering our prayers to the presiding deity my daughter and I stepped out of the temple. The market place was filled with enthusiasm. Loud music filled the air. Small vendors selling balloons, fancy items, ready to eat munches where all over the place. Merry go around and giant wheels were placed to entertain the kids. My daughter had a good fun time as she is new to village festivities.

Image result for parrot astrology images
Image courtesy : youtube.com
As we walked further we say a man sitting under a banyan tree with a parrot in a cage. The man was a parrot astrologer, a fortune teller. It is a common sight in this part of the world to see parrot astrologers being part of such festivals. As the foot falls are more in such festivities they come there to make use of the hay days. My daughter curiosity meter shot up and she questioned about the man with the parrot. I explained her about what they do but she was not convinced with the fact that how come a parrot decide her future with a deck of cards

She persisted me to see parrot astrology but I was not game to it. I said that it is cruel to trouble the bird to come out of the way and force it to pick a card. My lack of belief in the practice made me convince her but she stood stubborn. This made me angry and questioned her rigidness. She spontaneously responded that “The bird in a bush is better than the one in a cage”. I could not do much about the bird with the astrologer as he cages the bird for a living. Hence I request you to see parrot astrology

“Not to know my fortune but to free the bird for a minute”


I was startled by her new age thinking and immediately obliged her request. Millennium kids are way ahead in their thought process. A proper grooming will make them future leaders of the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment