A blog about food, travel, sports, finance & anything which interests a common man

Tuesday 2 August 2016

Life is not a marathon- Pause in between and dive into your dream trails

Honking Vehicles; Beeping Mobiles...

Boring commutes; Tiring bodies...

Burdening loans; Racing time...

Isn't it a daily affair????

Life is perceived to be a marathon. We keep running and also maintain a fast pace to be the leader of the pack. Let’s change this way of thinking. It is fine to take a pause as completing a marathon, itself by all means an accomplishment.  The marathon schedule should never be a deterrent for anyone to dream. Most of us just think about it, some pursue it and only a few realize their dream.

I’m no different from the above routine but in spite of the busy schedule, I too chase my dream. As I’m a nature lover and fond of travelling, I always get obsessed to travel to places where the nature is at its virgin best. I got this passion stuck to me since I joined the corporate world as my first job posting was at “God’s own country” – Kerala. When everybody moves to Kerala for tourism, I moved there for my first job. This made me stay determined that I would travel the entire length and breadth of the state before I move out.

Trivandrum to Wayanad, Cochin to Guruvayoor almost every tourist destination was covered. I lost count of some places I visited like chalakudy, such high was my frequency of trips. The trips help me rejuvenate and calm my mind. Staying away from the madding crowd and having a time for your own self is a pleasure to have. In these days of fire fighting, having this “My Time” itself is a luxury, that too when you are resting in the lap of nature the feel is immense.

There is no doubt on why the state is named “The God’s own country” as there is greenery wherever you roll your eye balls. I find it difficult to give a rating, as every place was too good by its own self. Still I would like to recall a few of my dream trails where I felt as part of the nature.

Alleppey boat house stay remains fresh in my memories. The back water is clean and calm. The sunset was a must to watch wherein a red blanket covers the sky and the reflection gives a feel as if there is fire in water. Constant cool breeze keeps cleansing the face. The constant swing of the boat makes it a cradle on water and etched my thought with childhood memories. An overnight stay helped to cleanse my mind and soul.

Munnar is another dream destination of my choice. The day I landed, it was drizzling all around. The sun was playing hide and seek. On the way to the nearby dam we stopped by the beautiful sight of the grasslands. Every grass wore a crown at the tip where a drop of water dazzled. The sun rays penetrated made it look like a green blanket studded with diamonds. I just lied on the grasslands and glared at the sky and it gave me a feel as if I lied in the lap of nature. The feel I got at that moment was second to none.

Wayanad always stays close to my heart for its pristine beauty. The place was almost undisturbed by mankind. A stay in a tree house got me entangled with nature. The tribal form of living combined with the comfort of urban homes is a unique experience. A view through the window gives me the view of the nearby stream which constantly produces a rhythmic flow of water. The sound generated was music to ears. The balcony was open to the vast expanse of the Western Ghats. An evening spent there with the company of perching birds and swaying trees was a blissful experience. It reminded me about the quote which I loved the most

“The woods are lovely dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And Miles to go before I sleep,
And Miles to go before I sleep

In the journey called life, everybody has a lot of promises to be kept and this pushes all of us to our extremes to makes us feel that we have “Miles to go before we sleep”. In spite of the expectations surrounding us, it is always good to have a pause by pursuing our dream trails. As a part of my passion, I would like to take such dream trails once every six months to keep myself grounded and take up further challenges in life.

Rigor, Relax, Rejuvenate, Repeat!!!!


I am blogging about my dreams and passions for the Club Mahindra #DreamTrails activity at Blogadda. You can get a Club Mahindra Membership to own your holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment